Troubleshooter | Refrigerator delivered multiple times with damage, Durham man finally gets one, compensation from Home Depot
- abc11 troubleshooter
Saturday, February 11, 2023
<iframe src=”https://abc11.com/video/embed/?pid=12797637″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Durham man’s refrigerator was delivered three times with damage. Here’s what to do if this ever happens to you.
When you order new appliances, and delivery is promised, what happens when things go wrong?
Durham resident Philip Nazo documented every delivery that did not go right when it came to the new refrigerator he bought from Home Depot. The first delivery–his pictures show there are dents in the fridge before they even got the appliance into his home. The second delivery the product also had dents on the new appliance.
During the third delivery, “You see one of them is like two forks went inside the refrigerator, its complete damage,” Nazo said.
After those three failed deliveries he said, “Two times. They called us the night before scheduled for 12:00 to 4:00 and they don’t show up when we call them. Sorry, we didn’t put it on the truck.”
Frustrated with the process Nazo got in touch with the ABC11 Troubleshooter team.
“Because we know you’re the only one going to get it. I watch ABC news. See what you do,” Nazo said.
Nazo said his call to ABC11 Troubleshooter Diane Wilson worked. He finally heard from a Home Depot representative.
“They sent an email apology and we’re going to work on it as soon as we can to deliver the right one.” Not long after Nazo’s appliance was delivered with no problems, and he received $1,500 in gift certificates for his troubles.
Nazo is very happy and said he just wanted the appliance delivered with no damage.
Nazo took all the right steps when he had problems with the delivery by documenting his concerns with pictures and in writing.
Best Steps: Always be home for the delivery, and if you notice a problem, do not accept the item. As soon as you notice an issue, document what is wrong with it on the delivery form, and take pictures of it. Once you report it, try and get a new delivery date.
WATCH | Oven glass shatters without warning, leaving homeowners confused and out of options
Pool company takes money, leaves customers with unfinished swimming pools
Simple car battery installation turned into $2,400 hassle for Wake County woman
Report a correction or typo
Copyright © 2023 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.
- ABC11 TROUBLESHOOTER
Franklin Co. couple out thousands after contractor doesn’t finish job
Airline damages Raleigh woman’s wheelchair
Fake reviews are costing consumers, how you can spot them
Kitchen remodel project left unfinished for a year: Troubleshooter
Despite wave of tech layoffs, tech talent still highly sought after
Death of Olympian reignites Black maternal health conversation
Boy pulled from Neuse River, revived: Witness
1 dead, 2 injured in Johnston County crash
37 minutes ago
Caught on camera: Car slams into utility pole in Wake Forest
3 hours ago
RPD unveils new look after almost 60 years
UNC-Chapel Hill School of Business announces new Dean
2 hours ago
Veteran’s call leads to food assistance for Triangle veterans
Awful Appliance Delivery by Home Depot
Here, I’m going to relate the experience my wife and I had ordering and receiving an LG front-load washer & dryer set from Home Depot.
Update: Home Depot personnel spotted this post, and reached out. As it stands, they have addressed the concerns we have regarding the condition of the appliances we purchased, making us whole in that respect. For that, they have earned my sincere gratitude. Clearly, senior management there *does* care about satisfied customers.
That said, IMO our experience (documented below and in the comments) suggests that Home Depot has some work to do on their appliance sales and delivery infrastructure. In my correspondence with them, I’m encouraging them to address this, and I certainly hope that they do.
After ordering a washer and dryer with pedestals from a Home Depot in one state, for delivery 2 months later in a newly purchased home in a different state, Home Depot delivery/install services has managed to:
- Miss the scheduled date and reschedule the first delivery.
- Get a truck stuck in sand trying to turn around nearby at the rescheduled delivery, causing *another* reschedule.
- Finally deliver a dented washer and the wrong size pedestals (they were mis-specified by salesperson, who also omitted the natural gas to propane conversion kit we’d specified for the dryer and necessitating a separate rush order ).
- Deliver a replacement washer and pedestals, but botch the install by failing to remove the shipping bolts for the washer (which we attempted to operate—as we were assured it was ready to go—possibly damaging it).
- Miss the appointment for the scheduled “re-install” to remove the shipping bolts and check for condition.
In other words, they are 0 for 5 so far on delivery and/or follow-up appointments. They have cost me hours on the phone, working to get satisfaction for a $2400 purchase paid for 3 months earlier.
Currently we’re waiting for the re-reinstallation visit and check of the washer for damage from operation with the shipping bolts in place. Because we have no faith in the installation personnel at this point, we are also working to get the washer replaced, even if it seems to be operating correctly once the shipping bolts are removed at the re-install appointment. The current plan is to declare it unsatisfactory and demand a replacement, which is *supposed* to trigger a visit by an LG service person to confirm functionality.
Because of their poor track record and the hours I’ve spent on the phone, we’re incredibly frustrated and resolved to never user Home Depot for anything again.
The Whole Story:
- Going under contract for our retirement home out of state, we went shopping for a washer and dryer, needed for the newly purchased home. Finding a well-reviewed LG set on sale at Home Depot, and given their ability to delivery out of state and on a scheduled date, we used Home Depot. This won’t happen again! I would normally use an appliance dealer, and will certainly only do that in the future.
- The W/D and pedestals were purchased (and paid for) on May 20, at a cost of ~ $2400.
- Delivery was scheduled for August 1, but on July 29th that was pushed back (causing various other things to be rescheduled).
- August 6, the rescheduled delivery failed because the delivery truck managed to get stuck in sand attempting to turn around nearby and access our address. Worse, the driver left without advising me of status, and I had to call into the Home Depot Appliance Hotline to learn the status of the delivery. That was the first of *MANY* calls to their appliance hotline. Ultimately, the delivery was rescheduled for August 9.
- On August 9, the re-rescheduled delivery took place, but the washer was dented, and the pedestals were the wrong size (they were incorrectly specified by the Home Depot appliance salesperson). After more calls to the Home Depot appliance hotline, the washer and pedestals were returned and delivery of a fresh washer and the correct pedestals scheduled. Annoyingly, we needed to do a refund on the pedestals and a new purchase to get the correct pedestals.
- On August 16, the replacement washer and pedestals arrived, and were installed. At the time, we were assured that the washer is, “all set and ready to use. ”
- On August 18, we tried to use the washer but discovered (extreme noise, high speed spin, vibration) that the shipping bolts were never removed during the install. After more calls to the hotline, our only option was to wait for a new ‘re-installation’ appointment to actually remove the shipping bolts and assess the condition of the washer.
- The reinstall appointment was set for August 20, but the technician never showed up. We had to *again* call the hotline, and learned that they driver has reported it as a missed appointment—despite the fact that we were home and actively monitoring for the techs arrival during the scheduled window.
At this point, we’re essentially 3 weeks behind schedule, being forced to resort to using a laundromat instead of the $2400 setup we ordered 3 months prior. And, we have little confidence that the re-installer will actually show up on schedule, let alone be able to accurately assess whether the washer is in satisfactory condition.
The latest is that we need to keep the August 23 reschedule of the re-install, and then (should we choose) demand a replacement washer regardless of the condition of the current one, as it may be impossible to tell if it has hidden damage. This is *supposed* to trigger an LG tech visit to verify functionality. We’ll see. Even this took 4 calls to the hotline on August 22 the date I’m posting this; one call was too early for LG, one call during LG hours that was dropped by Home Depot, one call where we spoke with an entirely useless Home Depot ‘resolution associate’ named Cedric, and a final call to a more helpful resolution specialist.
Overall, I find this to be entirely unacceptable delivery service by Home Depot. We paid in full, in advance, and paid delivery fees. Yet, they could not meet their schedule, repeatedly botched deliveries and/or follow-up appointments. The order was incorrectly written, and parts were omitted. This has cost us hours on the phone, and put us weeks (almost months) behind schedule on our move-in, and caused me to delay other work that we need. Only after repeated calls and escalation did we get to a plan that *still* has us waiting and dependent on a delivery system that is so far 0 for 5.
This is by far the worst customer service experience we’ve ever encountered. Home Depot has been perfect in their ability to fail.
Hiring your Replacement
May 12, 2016
Jan 29, 2016
Innovation is a Team Sport
Jan 25, 2016
Innovation and Bureaucracy
Dec 16, 2015
Preparing for the DSCSA: Independent Pharmacies
Dec 7, 2015
Dec 4, 2015
Sea-change Ahead for Pharmacies
Aug 11, 2015
Technology Driven – Customer Centric
Apr 16, 2015
Rude Awakening – College Admissions
Apr 1, 2015
Five Fundamentals for the NSF
Mar 24, 2015
Transportation of household appliances in Moscow and Russia inexpensively with loaders
Transportation of household appliances in Moscow and Russia inexpensively with movers
To log in, enter your e-mail and password
What is this?
When registering for the Lucky Everyone service, the password was sent to the e-mail address you specified.
I forgot my password
Instant online price calculation. No surcharges. Save up to 70%
Why customers choose Lucky Everyone
No need to call and negotiate
The contractor will not change the price and conditions at the last moment
Carriers bargain for your order, reducing prices
Tracking diagram will show where your cargo is
Payment by card
Payment by card and Yandex.Money, as well as a large selection of others
All carriers undergo document verification and confirmation
Active carriers in Moscow and the region
Our carriers have all entry permits: MKAD, Third Ring Road and Garden Ring
Transportation of household appliances
in Moscow and the Moscow region
Order no. 1869391
Order no. 1852439
Order no. 1836433
Order no. 1804776
Order no. 1804153
Order no. 1761608
Order no. 1711782
Order no. 1709003
› Transportation of household appliances in Moscow
Transportation of large and small household appliances to your home
The task of delivering household appliances most often arises during an apartment or office move, as well as when visiting stores offering household goods. Although there are more complex transportations: the delivery of a dozen pieces of household appliances from one restaurant to another or the relocation of a large company from 50 employees.
At the same time, many items of equipment do not fit into the interior of an ordinary car, and also require special packaging and careful handling during loading and unloading, especially when it comes to transporting new household appliances with loaders directly from the warehouse.
Cargo transportation service “Lucky Everyone” will come in handy in any of these situations. We have united on our website more than 30,000 professional companies and private carriers providing services for the delivery of household appliances in Moscow, St. Petersburg and any other city in Russia, the CIS and Europe.
How to save on the delivery of household appliances from 10% to 72%?
Every day, thousands of carriers are looking for new orders on our website. As soon as you add your request, it will immediately be included in the general order list and you will start receiving favorable prices for transportation from performers from the service database.
“Lucky Everyone” compares favorably with traditional cargo transportation companies due to:
- Auction systems between performers. Thanks to it, the final price for the transportation of household appliances can be reduced by 72%!
- Opportunities to get acquainted with reviews about performers, as well as with their documents, rating and level of reliability.
- Save time. Adding your order for the transportation of household appliances will take you no more than two minutes. You will receive all notifications about the course of the auction free of charge by e-mail and sms.
In order to reduce the cost of transportation, we advise you to make a list of the items being transported in advance and specify their features. As it is correct, the equipment manufacturing companies write such information in the data sheet of the device. We hope you didn’t throw it away with the box.
If you cannot find the data sheet, you can get detailed information on the manufacturer’s website, indicating the model and brand of the device.
What information should be included in your request.
To transport household appliances at a bargain price, please provide as much information as possible in your request. The more data you provide, the more accurate offers from carriers will be.
Be sure to include:
- List of household appliances to be transported. (For example, refrigerator, gas stoves and electric stoves)
- What additional services will you need: loaders, packing, garbage collection, assistance in disconnecting and connecting equipment.
- Where and where to deliver household appliances.
- Desired delivery time of the machine.
- Do you want to accompany the equipment during transport.
- Other important details and wishes.
Methods of payment for services.
After selecting the carrier with the best price, our website will ask you to pay a small guarantee deposit. The advance payment is included in the cost of transportation and does not increase the final price. You can agree on the details of the calculation with the carrier directly on our website.
You can pay for Lucky Everyone services using:
- In Svyaznoy and Euroset stores
- Via bank card
- Mobile payment
- Using Yandex.Wallet or Money. Mail
- Or by opening a bank account (for legal entities)
Service contacts. Give us a call and we’ll help you place your request!
Our customer care team is ready to help you find a cheap appliance carrier for your desired route. Contact us in the most convenient way for you:
- By phone 8 (800) -555-19-23 (toll-free in Russia). Daily from 9:00 to 20:00
- By writing to [email protected]
- Or using the chat built into the site.
Last added orders in Moscow and Moscow region
|Order name||Direction||Distance||Transportation price||Price per km|
|Two-chamber refrigerator, Washing machine, Double bed||Eastern Administrative District, Vostochnoye Izmailovo → ZelAO, Matushkino||29 km||1710 ₽||59 ₽/km|
|Refrigerator||SAO, Levoberezhny → village Nikolo-Cherkizovo||33 km||1730 ₽||52 ₽/km|
|Refrigerator, Boxes||Southern Administrative District, Chertanovo Central → Southern Administrative District, Southern Butovo||13 km||2500 ₽||192 ₽/km|
|Sofa, Stove, Washing machine, Refrigerator||SAO, Golovinsky → Byakontovo||65 km||3460 ₽||53 ₽/km|
|Two-chamber refrigerator||SAO, Chertanovo Central → Aprelevka||43 km||2440 ₽||57 ₽/km|
Ask for a price
Delivery of household appliances from China
Delivery of household appliances from China | 1kargo. ru
Leave a request
Request a call
Free within Russia
8 (800) 10-10-747
Groupage cargo delivery
Delivery of equipment
Delivery of goods from 1 to 5 kg.
Delivery of containers from China
Delivery by train
Shipping by sea
Simplified scheme for the delivery of goods from China
Delivery of small cargoes
Delivery from China
beauty and health
Delivery from Turkey
Delivery from the UAE
Processing and production
Electronics, radio engineering
Treatment and sewerage equipment
Redemption from Alibaba
Parcels from China
Interpreters and guides in China
Redemption from Taobao
Groupage cargo delivery
Transportation from China
Groupage cargo delivery
from China to Russia
Mass Media about us
Mentality and traditions
Laws in China
Business with China
Cargo8 (800) 10-10-747
Delivery from China
Leave us all the worries related to the delivery of goods from China to Russia – save your money, time, effort and nerves!
+7 (980) 900-84-85
HOW TO EARN MONEY WITH CHINA?
Receive new trends by mail
China, as one of the world’s largest manufacturers, is open to profitable purchases of various goods. Practice has shown that the delivery of household appliances from the Middle Kingdom to Russia will cost less than purchasing it from local companies with their margins. This is used by many retail organizations. To ensure that delivery does not cost too much, thereby leveling all the benefits, entrust it to a reliable carrier!
One of the best logistics companies in Russia is 1Cargo. We will not only deliver equipment from China, but also solve organizational issues related to this procedure. We invite representatives of small and medium-sized businesses to cooperate!
Household appliances are divided into categories:
- Large. This group includes refrigeration equipment, washing machines, cookers, air conditioners, water heaters and much more.
- Small. These are coffee makers, blenders, toasters, electric kettles, hair dryers, electric shavers.
- Consumer electronics: televisions, audio systems, amplifiers, telephones.
In the process of delivery of equipment, we provide conditions that prevent damage to products in transit, we monitor compliance with the technological standards established for each product.
We offer delivery of household appliances from China to Russia by road, air, rail and sea transport. We ensure the flow of goods not only to Moscow, but also to Novosibirsk. For companies from the Eastern regions of the Russian Federation, we offer a route passing through Kazakhstan. If you are limited in time, order express delivery.
It is possible to carry out transportation of a small amount of small equipment according to a simplified scheme. The advantage of this format is low cost and no need to go through customs. The list of our services includes container transportation, groupage cargo formation.
For customers starting business in China, we help to find suppliers of household appliances. When searching, we are guided by the following criteria:
- offered assortment;
- product quality;
- pricing policy.
This process will not take long. When searching, we refer to the card file of suppliers, which we have created for the convenience of work.
You can entrust us with the inspection of household appliances, during which we check the indicators:
- quality of goods and packaging;
- matching model and article number to your order;
- total weight of the product.
1Cargo employs specialists who organize fast customs clearance. They will register you as a participant in foreign economic activity, select nomenclature codes for goods, determine the amount of duty, prepare accompanying documents, and carry out other procedures.
We have offices in the four largest regions in China. If you decide to visit the country on a business trip, you can count on our support. If necessary, we will provide the services of a guide-interpreter.
Delivery to any region of Russia
After customs clearance, the container is loaded onto a platform or trailer and sent to any region of Russia.
We will make it cheaper
We understand what the word “budget” means for the client, and therefore we offer the lowest prices for container transportation of goods from China.
Our contract is our concern
For container transportation from China and customs clearance, you do not need to be a participant in foreign economic activity, independently arrange exports and pay customs duties – we take care of everything.