Adapter plugs uk: Travel Adaptor for the United Kingdom

Travel Adaptor for the United Kingdom

United Kingdom travel adaptors

You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electrical appliances safely whilst abroad. This normally includes the use of a travel adaptor, which is a device that simply allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a foreign electrical socket. It is important to note that it does not convert the voltage or frequency.

For United Kingdom the associated plug type is G, which is the plug that three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern. United Kingdom operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.

  • Type G

Voltage converters and transformers

Electricity supplies worldwide can vary from anything between 100V and 240V. It can be extremely dangerous to use an electrical appliance that is rated at a voltage different from the supply.

As voltage can differ from country to country, you may need to use a voltage converter or transformer whilst in United Kingdom. If the frequency is different, the normal operation of an electrical appliance may also be affected. For example, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity supply.  Most voltage converters and transformers come supplied with plug adaptors, so you may not need to buy a separate travel adaptor.

All converters and transformers will have a maximum power rating (AMPS or WATTS) so make sure that any appliance you intend to use does not exceed this rating.

Dual voltage rated appliance

You can determine whether you’ll need to use a converter or transformer, by looking at the appliance rating plate.

A dual voltage rated appliance will display for example ‘INPUT: 110-240V’ on the body of the appliance or its power supply. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but just a travel adaptor, because United Kingdom operates on a 230V supply voltage, which is within the 110-240V range that the dual voltage appliance operates on.

Single voltage rated appliances

In United Kingdom the supply voltage is 230V. If the appliance is a single voltage rated appliance, it will need to operate at the same voltage as the supply voltage of the country i.e. 230V. If this is not the case it should be used alongside a voltage transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work safely and properly.

Converters and transformers perform a similar function, but their applications differ. Converters are typically used with appliances that operate for a short duration (1-2hours), whilst most transformers can be used alongside appliances that operate continuously.

It’s important to understand that some travel adaptors are not suitable for any appliances that require an earth connection. These types of travel adaptors should only be used with double insulated equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below.

We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your journey, to understand the requirements in United Kingdom.

Adaptor – UK | Korjo

Product Details


Suitable for the UK and parts of Asia, Middle East and Africa

Compatible countries

  • Afganistan
  • Antigua And Barbuda
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Berlize
  • Bhutan
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • China
  • Comoros
  • Congo The democratic republic
  • Cyprus
  • Dominica
  • England
  • Falkland Islands
  • Gambia The
  • Ghana
  • Gibraltar
  • Grenada
  • Guatemala
  • Guernsey
  • Guyana
  • Hong Kong
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Ireland
  • Isle of Man
  • jersey
  • Jordan
  • Kenya
  • Korea Democratic Peoples Republic
  • Korea Republic Of
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Madagascar
  • Malawi
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Malta
  • Martinique
  • Mauritius
  • Nigeria
  • Northern Ireland
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • Saint Helena
  • Saint Kitts And Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Scotland
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • Solomon Islands
  • Sudan
  • Tanzania
  • Trinidad And Tobago
  • Uganda
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Wales
  • Yemen
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe

The Korjo Adaptor – UK is for use with Australian / NZ appliances in UK, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong and parts of the middle East, Asia and Africa.

Accepts 2 and 3 pin Australian / NZ appliances

See our Adaptor guide for the best country by country guide for which adaptor/s are best for your needs.

Adaptor – UK features:

  • Colour coded trim on the adaptor (blue = UK) for easy recognition in your bag or drawer
  • Colour coded trim on the packaging for easy recognition in store
  • Earthed for your safety
  • Rated to 10A
  • Smallest, smartest and safest adaptors in the Australian market
  • Approved by: Australian Electrical Authorities
Adaptor – UK is used in:
  • UK – eg England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland
  • Asia – eg Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore
  • Middle East – eg Kuwait, Libya
  • Africa – eg Kenya, Uganda
  • And others

Still not sure that this is the right adaptor for your needs?

Use our quick adaptor guide

You may also like…

Returning Customers
If you’ve purchased from us before, please login with your email address and password.

Email address *



Is a travel adapter required for UK sockets

Updated August 11, 2021 by Thomas

UK sockets are different from German sockets.

This applies to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man.

In the UK, three-prong British sockets (Type G) are used with mains power 230 volts, 50 hertz.

A travel adapter is therefore required for appliances with a German plug in the UK.

Here I go into more detail about the appropriate adapters, mains and sockets in UK hotels.

1. Electricity in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland)

  • Mains voltage: 230 volts
  • Frequency: 50 hertz
  • Plug type: G “three-pole”
  • Suitable adapter for UK: SKROSS Pro Universal
  • Grounding: 3-pole plugs and sockets


UK outlets

All parts of the UK use the same sockets. This applies to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man. British type G sockets (BS 1363 british 3-pin) are installed, powered by 230 volts and a frequency of 50 hertz.

Sockets have three pins, as in Germany. However, they are flat and therefore not compatible with German plugs. Outlets in the UK usually have an additional switch to turn them on and off.

3. UK hotel sockets

Hotels in London, Edinburgh and other busy areas usually have one travel adapter per room. Vacation apartments, Airbnb apartments, and hostels also usually have at least one adapter.

In restaurants, hotel lobbies and cafes, I have seen very few pre-installed adapters. Co-working spaces in tourist cities have suitable adapters for devices with a German plug.

4. Suitable travel adapters for UK type G sockets

Type G sockets in the UK require a three-prong adapter with a Schuko plug (Type F plug). German electrical appliances are connected to the neutral wire (ground) of sockets in the UK only with an appropriate plug.

Shops in tourist resorts sell travel forks for between GBP 4 and GBP 10. Make sure it is the correct adapter with Schuko plug. Very cheap travel adapters often don’t have a ground connection or ground plug.

This means that the socket on the travel adapter must be grounded. However, the adapter itself must still be connected to the ground of a type G socket in the UK. It works with the third big pin on the plug.

I recommend the Skross Pro Universal Travel Adapter with Schuko plug and matching UK socket connection. It can be adjusted with a slider for 220 country outlets. At 25 euros, it is significantly more expensive than other plugs, but it is a reliable solution if you travel frequently.

You can find cheap type G travel adapters for the UK on Amazon.

Video: How to use an English socket without an adapter | Socket outlets in Cyprus

Adapter for UK in Engels: 614-products: free shipping, 51% discount [go to]

Affiliate programHelp



Product Catalog

Clothing and footwear

Clothing and footwear

Building materials

Building materials

Textiles and leather

Textiles and leather

Health and beauty

Health and beauty

Children’s goods

Children’s goods

Food and drink

Food and drink

Electrical engineering

Electrical engineering

House and garden

House and garden

Trade and warehouse

Trade and warehouse



Furniture and interior

Furniture and interior

All categories adapter, plug converter, socket US/ UK /EU/ DE/AU, 1 pc





International Universal Power Adapter, Universal adapter for travel charger for universal plug UK , EU


1 pc. Universal adapter for EU, UK , US, GER, AU, CHN, European, German, Australian, Chinese power outlet, White


1 pc. Universal adapter for EU, UK , US, GER, AU, CHN, European, German, Australian, Chinese power socket, White





Travel adapters for UK in EU, high quality AC power adapter with euro plug, adapter -socket


1 pc. Universal adapter for EU, UK , US, GER, AU, CHN, European, German, Australian, Chinese power socket, White

Universal Mains Adapter , Plug Types: US, Australia, UK, Europe TravelEnergy 2

121 sockets, adapter with Chinese plug type


Universal Mains Adapter Plug Types: USA, Australia, UK, Europe TravelEnergy 2


Accessory Adapter – Adapter Hama Travel Europe/America/Asia/Australia/UK 00137381 Type:


Universal Travel Adapter 2 in 1, adapter black and white for Australia , UK , USA, Europe to USA, Canada, Japan, Mexico,


Quick Universal Adapter EU Plug to 3-pin Adapter with UK Standard Plug


Universal Mains Adapter Plug Types: USA, Australia, UK, Europe Type:


90 002 -33%



Universal network adapter , plug types: US, Australia, UK, Europe0120 adapter for electrical sockets, adapter for EU, AU, US, UK Travel socket


US Electrical adapter universal AU UK EU to US Travel Power AC Converter American Japanese Plug adapter





Adapter with Euro socket, Universal Adapter in black copper, fits for travel from Israel, Europe, USA UK , Germany, Russia,




27 0

Universal Power Adapter with Standard Plug UK and USA to Germany, adapter with wall plug, travel adapter with plug for





Universal power adapter with UK and US plug to Germany, wall plug adapter, travel adapter with plug for

900 69 READ MORE

Plug adapter US from EU UK Australia to USA Type B , Adapter for Charger


1 pc, Universal Adapter to Standard 9 Plug0120 UK Type: adapter





Universal power adapter with plug UK and US to Germany, adapter with wall plug, travel adapter with plug for


Plug adapter US to EU UK AU to US type B , adapter for charger


1 pc.